Today was way fun, a lot slower paced than some of our days here, which was really nice. On a sad note, I forgot my extra camera battery so most of our pictures on on our phone's, oh well!
We got up and had pastries and fruit that our host had left for us (she is SO nice), then headed to the British Motor Museum. I am pretty sure Brynt was in Heaven, he looked like a little boy in a candy shop! It was a really neat museum filled to the brim with amazing cars.
We also got to take a tour of the conservation and restoration building, which had over two hundred cars of every shape and size, including several cars that previously belonged to the royal family.
We then went on to Stratford -Upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare. It is a bigger town and when we got to the town center it got a bit confusing, so we ended up driving right back out of town again...then back in... then back out...and finally we figured out how to get to the parking lot, ha ha. its all part of the adventure!
Stratford is really an awesome town to see, full of history, Shakespeare and river boats. It has amazing old Tutor buildings, the details are just so cool!
We found this awesome little sandwich shop that was run by an Italian man we really didn't understand, but the food was SO good. We ate out in the courtyard because it was an absolutely beautiful day.
After lunch, we walked down by the river for a while and enjoyed the great weather and beautiful views, absolutely charming. The main church in town was quite a sight and had fun reading the dates and messages on all the head stones.
We decided to see one more Cotswold village before we left this area, and I am so glad we did! We stopped into the perfect village of Chipping-Campden. Take away the cars, and this little village is like a perfect time capsule. It didn't seem that something so cute and perfect could really exist.
Before I end, I have to talk about some things I love about the English.
#1- The old people.
there are the cutest little elderly people every where, wearing their hats and sweaters and 99% of the time they have a dog. Actually, almost everyone has a dog with them. It is a very dog friendly country.
#3- all the school children in their little uniforms- its just adorable and they look so proper. Love it.
(I don't have pictures of this because I don't want people to think I am a creeper, lol)
Tomorrow is a big day, Chatsworth House (aka Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice)! So its time to rest up!
































No comments:
Post a Comment