This blog is intended to document the process of preparing for, and actually going on a UK adventure in the spring of 2016. But why the UK?
This dream has been My dream for a very long time, and lucky for me it has become my husband Brynt's dream as well. I can't remember exactly when I decided that I would someday travel to England, but it was well before my teen years. I am sure it was highly influenced by my family's long standing love of BBC shows and my own deep and undying affection for Jane Austen novels. Wherever and whenever this Anglophile attitude began, it has simply grown stronger and deeper over the years.
Brynt and I decided soon after our marriage (I think it was on our honeymoon) that we would celebrate our 5th anniversary by going to Britain. For two starry eyed newly weds that seemed like the easiest thing on the planet, but life can quickly make you see how hard bringing your dreams to fruition can be. Both in college, two kids, one income and home ownership can make you think your dreams are way out of reach, but thankfully neither of us are the types to throw in the towel and quit on something we want. So the saving began.
Every time we go to Walmart, we take out a 20 in Cash. Every bonus or extra penny Brynt gets goes to the UK jar. Every time we sell something on Craigslist, the cash goes to the fund. Found a nickle on the street? put it in the bank.
You get the picture.
This saving has gotten us to where we are now, with enough money for our plane tickets, rental car and hopefully most of our B&Bs/hotels. We still need money for food and fun but I think we will be able to reach our goal, and that is a very exciting thought.
I will be keeping this blog updated with what we do and buy in preparation for our trip, and then as an online journal of what we do while we are there.
Let the planing begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment